Sunday, January 22, 2012

You Can Go Your Own Way


A Family Portrait from Joseph Pierce on Vimeo.

The thing with rotoscoping is that you can spend more time thinking about style and less time thinking about motion. It's all laid out there for you, so you can do what you wish with the lines. Either follow them faithfully, as I am doing, which often creates very quirky motion rather than Disney-quality fluidity, or you can appropriate the lines, change the motion, and develop characters.

Alois Nebel – Teaser from Negativ Film on Vimeo.

I have quite a fondness for anthropomorphism, so after graduating, when I have time to spare, I really want to play around with rotoscoping characters that wear lovely dresses and happen to have the face of a jackalope (for instance). And after searching on Vimeo, I discovered this piece, with a little something like that happening.

Kid Dream -The Jessica Stuart Few from Evan DeRushie on Vimeo.

The compositing of this film is done so beautifully, and with such a unique twist to this process. I know 10 minutes is longer than most of us like to sit still, but it's definitely worth it.

The Thomas Beale Cipher from Andrew S Allen on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela