Friday, June 25, 2010

Collages by Alexis Anne Mackenzie

This is one beautiful mess, in my opinion. And from this mess, you can imagine that some incredibly intricate and absolutely beautiful collages are created. Alexis Anne Mackenzie has been collecting books for years, and from these pages, she hand cuts specific images to create new compositions that I am completely in love with. Her artist statement says that the purpose of her work is"to portray the world as a flawed thing of beauty - a place that shines brightly, but has a dark side to match."












These are just a few of my favorites, but you can see more of Alexis's work on her website and her Flickr,  and read about her process on her blog Cocoon Balloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela