Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer Cliff Notes, Part 1

The past couple of days, besides trying to sleep as much as possible and do as little as I could get away with, I've been having a bit of a quarter life crisis. This is pretty much my last "summer" ever. And today, at 3pm, I start orientation leader (OL) training week. And then that ends Saturday. I have Sunday to run around doing last minute errands, and cleaning my room. And then Monday I start classes. And my BFA. Which means pretty much I'm not going to sleep until May 12th or so. And I really like sleep. Don't get me wrong, I've been looking forward to school, and I love my classes, but I also love sleep and I don't think I'm ready to give it up quite yet.

Anyway, enough lamenting. I figured I'd post some pictures from my phone as a recap of all that I did this summer, which is sort of a lot.
The summer was pretty chilly for awhile (mid 60s!) but I still enjoyed frappuccinos.
I fell in love with these boots at a store down the street with beautiful decor.
I ate healthy. All the time.
Things like this became normal to discover in our fridge.
Debbie & I made awards to give out at a street fair, and looked at, uh, art, at the Hessler Street Fair.
I sketched this picture of my sister because I needed a face in profile for a freelance project. And then I was tempted to use money from said project on wonderful treasures.
I got my Etsy shop up and running, and made plenty of pocket friends. Mia wanted me to make her a Tinker Bell pocket friend that looked like this.
And I figured out how to weave the center of dreamcatchers. And have since sold 4 in my shop. 
One day I overslept a bit, so I brought a golden cat as a peace offering to the library. We named him Simon Goldsworthy. He's kind of a big deal. But then he went missing!
This is what happens when you don't return your library books. Poor Simon! 
 
I budgeted my groceries appropriately.
At work at the library, one of my jobs involves weeding through the slide collection. Sometimes, I find beautiful things. And then I go home and make beautiful things, like these magnets I made for Mia's birthday.
I found awesome books while shelving at the library, although I did consider another job when I saw that Jeeper's was looking for a baton twirler! (Or artist, that too.) Haha
One day I took Mia to the antique store, and then next door to get ice cream. 
I had a cake pop at my parents' 25th anniversary party. Mia had cotton candy at her birthday party. 
For her birthday, she insisted on having her milk in a champagne glass. And she got what she "always wanted!" She loves Rapunzel, so she currently loves my hair.
Mia found a way to turn her leggings into shorts.
And I found a way to make cryptozoology merit badges. I think I need to make one for Shark Week, too.
I found old friends at the library.
 And Simon made new friends there.

I'll be back with more adventure recaps sometime later as long as I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. But that shouldn't happen until August 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela