Sunday, November 27, 2011

Love Letters

So I made these 73 love letters.
Why? Because I have a million things to do, midyears are approaching, I don't know what I'm doing for finals, I changed my BFA (only slightly, it's ok guys), I need to make things for the Student Holiday Sale, I don't allow myself to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, and it was Monday night. So I was practically on break anyway, and I definitely deserve a break.

They're made out of 35mm filmstrips intended for classroom slideshows circa 1966 (judging by the dates of the reels that came with the blank ones). Anyway, I made Debbie one the other day, because I always leave Debbie love letters in Megastudio, and thought it was funny. Or cute. Or funny. And I also thought it'd be funny to make a lot of them. So I did. And I thought about selling them, because it'd be funny if people bought love letters from me. But I really don't know what to do with them.
They say nice things. Like "You make my dreams come true" and "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" and "Be my baby" and "Candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup" and "I would walk 500 miles." Among others. And some say that I love you more than cotton candy or Charles Hardin Holley or hot chocolate. And that's a lot.

I also made Thanksgiving cards for Liz & Andrew. Liz's said "I'm thankful for your Mexican heritage. Love, Michaela" and Andrew's said "I'm thankful Liz is sexy. Love, Michaela" which I thought was nice.

But now that's out of my system and I need to make other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela