Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lost Boys: Peter Pan Complexes in the 21st Century

Remember my documentary about Peter Pan complexes that I worked on last spring semester? Probably not. That was awhile ago, huh? Well, now that I have a Vimeo Plus account, I have lots of space to upload, and I can even upload HD videos, which is much more encouraging than trying to compress 1080p videos down to itty bitty versions. Anyway, my documentary is now online for you to see!


Whenever I'm having discouraging days filled with mind-maps and research and sketchbook pages filled to the brim and not a single idea that makes sense (and then I start wondering why I'm an artist...you know, those days), I watch my past projects, especially this one, and have a good laugh because the things I stress out about are how to make something look magical or how to animate toys just right. Well, maybe there's a little more to it than that. But this is what I want to do with my life, and really, that's not bad at all.

So what do you think? Would you admit to having a Peter Pan complex?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela