Sunday, December 4, 2011

Back-up BFA Idea #1

Because thinking about a thesis is dumb (and stressful), along the way I've been thinking of absurd projects that would mostly be really funny. I mean, maybe I'll address them in the future as small bodies of work, but not BFA.

So here's one idea: apologies. I would make art that is all a bunch of apologies. Letters and stuff written on objects & images or whatever. For example:

A ceramic plate for my parents that says "I'm sorry my vegetarianism is annoying to you."

A barf bag for Debbie that says "I'm sorry I made you pull over so I could puke on the side of the road. But here's a barf bag for next time."

A watch for Bill, my weaving teacher, that says "I'm sorry I don't show up until 10:30 every other week."

I don't know. It's really not well thought out. But it's funny. Good thing that's not my BFA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela