Monday, December 12, 2011

The Thing With Back-up BFA Ideas...

is that sometimes, they become your real idea.
So now I'm making art about Eleanor Rigbies like Martha and June here. This happened exactly six days before my midyear presentation. This being my realization that The Sentimental Archive involved too many logistics and following a thesis (and not my process) led me far from my original intent. So I went back to what inspired me. (Er, first I had to figure that out...) Monday night at 9pm, I realized what I've been talking about this whole time. The imagery I've been working with. The aesthetics that constantly move me. And then at noon on Tuesday, I turned in my presentation. And then Wednesday afternoon, I had to present like I've been doing this for a semester. It's a risk, changing my mind this late in the game. But it's definitely for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela