Sunday, January 22, 2012

Smokin Oken!

(Hannah Montana reference for Debbie.)

THE ART OF ROLLIN' A CIGARETTE from Daniel Moreno on Vimeo.

I haven't been posting because I've been rotoscoping! After a million and four printing problems (which I'll explain at another time), my frames (all 1746 of them) are printed and I've been drawing away. Unfortunately, printing to black & white laser printers often results in super dark images, even after lightening them in Photoshop. So the first scene (which I finished yesterday) took especially long because it was difficult to read. I rotoscoped late into the night until the guards came and kicked us out of Megastudio. I went home, and I slept. And I dreamed I was rotoscoping, waking up several times mad at myself and wanting a break from it.

Rotoscope from Euna Kho on Vimeo.

Today I woke up at 7, walked to church, stopped at the grocery store for a few essentials, started laundry, put on an episode of How I Met Your Mother, and started rotoscoping again. However, I didn't get very far before the bulb on my beloved portable light box burned out. After prying the back off, I found a very confusing mess of unfamiliar bulb and tangled wires. So I called Josh, who, in a bit, is going to take me to get a new one. So here I am, taking a bit of a break before chugging at it again. I do have a window in my drawing table, which becomes an instant light box when you stick a lamp under it. Unfortunately, that lamp has also died, so I am stuck for the moment. Which is why I had the chance to share a few more rotoscopes on Vimeo. Now, I am not at all supporting smoking by showing these. However, you have to admit it looks pretty cool as a hand drawn animation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela