Monday, March 19, 2012

Springtime Pattern

Here I am, 1am, at Megastudio, on the last day of my last Spring Break. Which means that I pretty much have 7 weeks until BFA. I've felt like I was gonna have a heart attack all day. Not knowing things and waiting to hear on others makes me feel like I can't get anything done, and not getting things done only reminds me of not finishing and ultimately failing. I'm overwhelmed.


At least my break was spent in the warm weather of Charleston with the boy I love. We made banana pancakes and rode motorcycles through the country and picked clover and laughed a lot, and I wore sundresses everyday. I can't wait to live there.


I got back in town on Friday, but I couldn't bring myself to go to the studio until today. I've been so anxious, waiting on BFA logistics, that I felt it was pointless, and cleaning my room was a much better use of my time. Not that I cleaned it. I relaxed. And trust me, it was well deserved.


But this is it. This is the last stretch. The last few weeks before everything changes. Tomorrow I'll start my day with extra espresso, some video editing, lots of drawing, and maybe purchasing another bulk amount of tracing paper.


Here's what I've been working on tonight. I've been designing a repeat pattern for the endsheet of my books I'll be making before the semester's up. There's still so much to do. There's always so much to do. But I like this. I'm glad I have this side project. 

(PS. 10 points if you can find the jackalope in the pattern!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela