Monday, July 30, 2012

Do Good Things.

This morning I told Nicholas I needed to paint the hallway today, like Brian asked. He said don't do that, do good things. So I started the day off with a Hershey bar for breakfast, and then checked Etsy to find that my Pink Diamond Merit Badge made it to the front page last night! So after adding a little award ribbon to the listing, I decided to catch up on my Vimeo feed. I've been trying to watch more videos lately, in hopes of getting in the right mindset for finishing a screenplay and maybe even starting to storyboard my short film that I'm sure I'll be working on for awhile. So I watched this one. Because the title sounded interesting, and the thumbnail was beautiful. And the piece turned out to be wonderful. So click full screen, because it makes it that much better, and watch.


I love the use of so many different techniques in this piece. I love the muffled voices and crumpled paper. I love the honesty. And I think the idea is something universal. The only part I was a bit disappointed with was the voice of the narrator. The writing didn't bother me, but the way it was read was so bland, that the honesty wasn't as obvious. It reminded me of English classes and reading short stories aloud. Maybe if the narrator just talked instead of reading, it would have been different. Oh well. I still think it's a beautiful piece.

So for the good things to be done today, I think I'll embroider some merit badges, listen to Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes (everyday), watch the Flatt & Scruggs Grand Ole Opry show, and make a dope sheet for a short little animation featuring owls and my favorite little artist (that, with any luck, will motivate Nicholas to build a copystand for me to photograph the frames and put it on Vimeo sooner rather than later). And maybe, after lunch and watching some Dawson's Creek (I love the 90s), I'll paint the hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading about some things I made today! Feel free to leave a comment here; I love hearing from you!

Love, Michaela